Friday, May 18, 2012

My Dream for My Desk



My desk organization project has not been going so well. Even when I had actually clear out the desk surface, it gets messy quite quickly.

After listening to the EntreLeadership podcasts, I learned that, for someone to be successful at something, they need to start with a dream.

It may sound funny, but I do have a dream for my desk...



In my dream, my desk is free of clutter.

The filing system is easy to manage. I will know where incoming paper should go and they will go in there instead of landing on my desk. I will have the desk surface available so that I can take care of bills as they come in.

I can get the supplies that my kids ask for within seconds and do not need to tell them wait because I do not remember where I put them. I will take care of their field trip paperwork the day I receive them... not the day after the deadline. I will have the supplies within hand's reach so that I can fix a few toys with ease.

But my desk is more than that.

On my desk, I should be able to comfortably drink a cup of coffee and study the Bible, or read a book, or write a blog post without worrying that I might knock over the cup of coffee because it is sitting on a pile.

On my desk, I should be able to look through recipes within arms' length and plan our meals.

On my desk, I could work from home... eventually. And, I will be confident that I will not mess up work with my clutter and I can actually work.


Now, the question is, how can I achieve that? What steps do I need to take?

I am still working on that. Maybe in a separate blog post...


No comments:

Post a Comment